You won’t believe how many bikinis I have tried and tested throughout my years here on NATALIE OFF DUTY and with just modeling alone. Over a decade of super fashionable and chic bikinis have been taken all over the world, but only a few that have held the test of time on countless white sandy beaches with their design. Here are a few that have worked so well for my body, and the various shapes and sizes of my friends. For my boyish body, I try to give myself as much curves as possible. This Vitamin A “neutra” swimsuit I sported in Mayakoba, Mexico has the most unbelievable fit, with still just enough coverage. It’s one of those swimmys to get in every single color, it’s that good. So here are some that could work for everyone who needs a little fun in the sun:
1. Vitamin A: Known for their super classic cuts in beautiful colors. The quality of their swimsuits are amazing, and their designs are timeless. Very Amalfi Coast.
2. Solid & Striped: I love their retro vibe…and of course, killer stripes in gorgeous color schemes. Their one-pieces work best with a simple pair of denim shorts. Beach ensemble complete.
3. Suboo: If you want something unique and stand-out, with great sheers, or ruffles, or cut-outs, Suboo is your swimmy.
4. Mikoh: If you want to go really cheeky…and I mean, literally. Known for their tiny, but beautiful hipsters. It has a super surfy vibe with a sexy, chic twist. They do Hawaiian prints perfectly.
5. She Made Me: crochet, crochet, crochet! She Made Me is handmade. Every single piece seems to feel different, but it’s their neutral soft color palettes that are romantic.
// Vitamin A swimsuit, Shashi NYC bracelet, NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Pop Life //
Currently writing from the Hotel Carmel on the Northern coast in California. I’m so excited to explore this charming little beach town and drive up to the cliffs of Big Sur….even on a rainy New Years holiday. To work from somewhere so calm and relaxing is amazing, before I have to jump back into the crazy NYC groove. These little getaways always get me focused and re-energized for another amazing year to come. A place to fully disconnect. Like here, in some of my favorite looks from Art Basel in Miami. Looks like I’ll be flying back to warmer climates for a shoot in a few weeks before hopping straight into the cold, cold fashion month. I’m savoring these last few days of staring deep into the ocean. Be right back.
// Solid & Striped bikini, Ace & Jig pants, The 2 Bandits earrings //
// Solid & Striped bikini //
// Morgane Le Fay dress, Zadig et Voltaire scarf //
Montauk’s salty air reminds me of cartwheels on the beach. It reminds me of this sunhat that’s almost floated out into sea a dozen of times, but still finds it’s way back home. It reminds me of tiny crochet bikinis. It reminds me of this rusty white painted balcony that nobody can look into. It reminds me of the content and happy older couple who wanted me to take their picture…and who I never got the chance to show it to. It reminds me of the seagulls that always try to steal my breakfast. It reminds me of feeling so far from the city, yet so close to home. It reminds me to live each moment like it’s last. It reminds me of this perfect August weekend.
// Burning Torch dress, She Made Me bikini top and bottom //
Shot at Gurney’s Montauk Resort.
Home. Los Angeles, California. July 22, 2016.
Will I be in town,
when hell swallows Beverly Hills,
Will you be around,
when I come to my senses and I confess that I love you still. – Swimm “Beverly Hells”
Just a girl, her hoop earrings, and a swipe of fresh mocha lipstick. It’s that 110 degree flush.
// Bite Beauty “Molasses” lipstick, Sabrina SL hoop earrings, Aikido swimsuit, AGL Shoes sandals //