THE SATISFACTION COAT

natalie-suarez-winter-street-style-9

The “Satisfaction coat” by Jocelyn itself makes me want to add more from The Rolling Stones onto my COOL SHIT playlist, which really should be called my LIFE playlist. Like “Time is on my Side” and “Loving Cup.” Songs that are my religion and somehow embedded in my dna. For me, I always remind myself that the time is always now. To not think twice, everything is going to be alright. Yesterday is history. Today is a gift. Tomorrow is just a mystery. Don’t ever be afraid to make a fool of yourself, or be the most and fullest version of yourself in the moment. To love your quirks and never hide them. To laugh and learn from mistakes. Then there is the bedroom song of “You Can’t Always Get What you Want.” A song about initial optimism and eventual disillusion…one of the hardest things to come to terms to. The voices of the church choir on the record a daily reminder. How even when you want and crave an idea of something or someone, you always end up getting what you need no matter what. It could mean letting go of toxic people, and valuing what you already have. To realize there’s always an angel that brings you back to earth and saves you for something bigger than yourself. I’ve had that angel visit me a few times already. It is around the holidays each year that I start to reflect. Especially when I’m back home in LA. You never really know what is planned for you…just know that everything happens for the right reason. It’s also around the holidays I get more inspired to listen to music, and write more poems and songs, and just slap my guitar at the end of it. There’s a lot of Bob Dylan and Van Morrison on my playlist as well. They keep your head straight. They help you pick up where you are now, and move on. To remember you have yourself and your heart to cherish first. This year has felt extremely BEAUTIFUL and super fortunate. It’s funny what can happen in a year. You get to a point where you never even imagined…and all you can do is be grateful and feel lucky, and find ways to share that positivity, kindness, and love to others. I got to travel the world, share every little fun inspiring moment with you guys right here on NATALIE OFF DUTY, and most importantly, had my friends, family, and love by my side.

The Satisfaction coat is just a little treat to myself that feels like a piece that came out of a rock legend’s closet in the 60’s and 70’s.

What to listen to now:

“Ballerina” by Van Morrison

“She Belongs to Me” by Bob Dylan

“Your the Best” by Wet

“Slow Slim Rider” by Van Morrison

“Kusanagi” by Odesza

“Girls Your Age” by Transviolet

“I wanted you to stay on the other side” by Summer Heart

“Coming Home” by Leon Bridges

natalie-suarez-winter-street-style-3

natalie-suarez-winter-street-style-12natalie-suarez-winter-street-style-14natalie-suarez-winter-street-style-8natalie-suarez-winter-street-style-11

natalie-suarez-winter-street-style-10natalie-suarez-winter-street-style-1

// Jocelyn coat, Jerome Bocchio handbag, Margaret o’ Leary cashmere turtleneck, Citizens of Humanity jeans, Converse sneakers //

42 Responses to THE SATISFACTION COAT

1. Olessia says:

Nice coat. I’d say it’s surprising but it’s also nice. Following your song list, I started searching them on YouTube and listening to them. A few I didn’t know, some it’s been a life since last listened.

2. http://www./ says:

Renata. R comentou em 17 de agosto de 2011 às 17:49. Adorei! Assim que vi a Kristen com aquele make bafônico na capa da “W” sabia que ele daria um tuto incrível.A maquiagem ficou linda nela e em vc tb, Júlia!O cabelo com voluminho ficou ótimo! Sessetinha sexy.

3. foodnext.net says:

Bij deze wil mij bij alle normale moslims plaatsvervangend verontschuldigen voor deze achterlijke politiechef omdat hij religieuze gekken verward met normale moslims en deze niet serieus neemt. Gelukkig betreft het geen superieure normale europeaan maar een Schot.

4. http://www./ says:

il fatto che quelli di H.A.A.R.P. sentano il bisogno di dare spiegazioni del genere, la dice lunga..Uhm… da quando in qua smentire una illazione è segno di colpevolezza?rimane il fatto, però, che affermare di bombardare la ionosfera per studiare sistemi più efficienti di comunicazione con i satelliti e le sonde spaziali, mi sembra una colossale stupidaggine.Perché una tua opinione personale (“mi sembra che…”) che, stando a quanto hai scritto, è basata su un sospetto dovrebbe essere un fatto rilevante?

5. kfz versicherung widerruf muster says:

Dommage que sa boîte à cigares soit vide, vous en auriez bien mérité au moins un, rien que pour cet article déjà, et alors pour la série…Sinon, pour les poignées de mains molles, ça me décevait aussi quand c’était ce qu’on m’offrait, mais j’ai un jour découvert que mon interprétation était trompeuse, et depuis je « perplexe » à savoir ce que ça traduit réellement. Peut-être est-ce un autre exemple de généralisation abusive où seul le particulier pourrait se montrer signifiant.

6. http://www./ says:

I would also add that computerized just plain missed the boat on issues like cables. I purchased cant+ and love it for the ease of set up I now have. But there’s nothing coming in RM1 that adds that functionality natively and other than spin scan (which is worthless anyway) there’s nothing lacking with the wireless setup.It seems like technology marched on but computrainer didn’t.

7. hartford number 1 says:

I’ve luckily never entered a show that was cancelled, I may have driven through some really bad weather that I would probably not now that I’m older and wiser though! I remember one trip home from Louisville where the storm was coming in, everyone knew it, I think there was talk of doing more than one group at a time, but not sure if it came to fruition.

8. http://www./ says:

I hate SEO. But it was just one of those things that I did because it was an absolute necessity. Tools like SEnuke really made life a lot easier, but when I met this little tool InsaneBacklinks (dot) comVA:F [1.9.13_1145]please wait…VA:F [1.9.13_1145](from 0 votes)